Christine Ford, a graduate of the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy (CCMT), has taken hundreds of hours of advanced training in Myofascial Release at The John Barnes Institute for Myofascial Release. In addition, she has certifications from the Upledger Institute in Cranio-Sacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation. Christine is also certificated in Contemporary Cupping Methods and in Kinesio Taping.
Christine combines all of this advanced training with her unique blends of therapeutic essential oils, specially formulated for each individual, to produce a truly unique and personalized effect.
Christine has worked with elite athletes around the world, first at the Boston Marathon, then with gold medal Olympic winners as a member of the First International Massage Team at the Athens 2004 Olympics, as well as at innumerable local road races and sporting events. She was also a guest speaker at Yale University School of Medicine on a panel that addressed alternative medicines. Most recently, Christine has been twice published with case studies on the efficacy of Kinesio Taping dealing with nerve-pain patterns and post-surgery taping.
Therapeutic massage has many applications and variations. Because it is used for health promotion as well as for its curative aspect, it can truthfully be said 'If you have a body, you can benefit from therapeutic massage.'
NEW TO MASSAGE THERAPY?
Therapeutic massage has many applications and variations. Because it is used for healthy promotion as well as for its curative aspect, it can truthfully be said "If you have a body, you can benefit from therapeutic massage."
- Enhances general health.
- Promotes well nourished and healthy skin.
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph.
- Improves energy flow.
- Triggers the relaxation response.
- Relieves general muscular tension and aches.
- Alleviates stress and anxiety.
- Speeds recovery from strenuous physical exertion.
- Reduces anxiety of athletic competition.
- Enhances tissue elasticity and joint mobility.
- Restores a calm mind and a feeling of well-being.
- Reduces the adverse effects of overuse of muscle group.
- Helps prevent burnout, and other stress related diseases.
- Complements other wellness programs.
- Helps improve flexibility.
- Alleviates tension headaches.